This blog is a forum for members of the National Capital Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America and other public relations professionals. Your expertise is a welcome addition to this community.
Please consider writing a post. This is a great way to give to the profession and the professional society that has helped us all as PR professionals.
We welcome blog submissions from members and other contributors who are interested in providing content that can be useful for public relations practitioners. Below are blog submission guidelines.
Helpful Blogging Tips and Best Practices
- Length should be between 500-800 words
- Submission should include subheads and paragraph breaks (if appropriate) to avoid the appearance of a “wall” of text
- Author should use a conversational tone and show personality in writing
- Post should include links to the chapter website and other websites if appropriate
- Author should submit images when possible along with caption and permission information
- Mentions of a company/website within a post and/or in the author byline are allowed, but posts cannot overtly promote a product or business (only sponsor organizations are promoted to members)
- While the posts are the opinion of the author, submissions that demean individuals, companies, professions or businesses will not be accepted. The purpose of the blog is both to advance the profession and provoke intelligent discussion among peers.
NCC Blog Submission Process
- Send a Word document and images to jill [at] kurtzdigitalstrategy.com
- Word document should include:
- Byline with author name and title
- Post title and content
- Links, if applicable
- Image should be accompanied by caption and permission information
- The post will be scheduled and the author notified upon publication
This is a great way to get more exposure for your ideas and expertise. All blog posts are included on the PRSA-NCC home page and also shared on PRSA-NCC chapter social media channels.